February 6-7, 2020
Hyatt Regency, Wichita KS
The Kansas chapters of AGC, ACEC, AIA-Wichita, CFMA, CSI, DBIA-MAR, NAWIC, and PHCC will hold a joint collaborative conference for design and construction industry professionals in the state of Kansas.
Who Will Attend?
• Architects / Designers / Engineers
• Building Contractors / Subcontractors
• Emerging professionals and students in Building Design & Construction Related Fields
Government Officials, University Faculty Facility Managers, Construction Law Professionals, Financial Management Professionals
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Attached Form Click HERE
SUBMIT QUESTIONS AND PROPOSALS TO JULIE SANDERS, AGC STAFF AT ISANDERS@AGCKS.ORG
PROPOSALS SHALL BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN TUESDAY OCTOBER 15. 2019
Content – The conference seeks to educate its audience and not promote any specific products. Space will be provided for all promotional activity. Presentations must be product-neutral and industry-related and will be selected based upon topics, flow of content, educational value, and understanding of the content.
Preference will be given to collaborative presentations pulling together members of sponsor associations
Certification for Continuing Education Credits
Proposals should list any pre-approvals for continuing education credits recognized by the eight host organizations or other applicable credentialing bodies.
Proven Speaking Ability
The conference committee seeks experienced presenters with proven speaking ability. Those with a track record of speaking and performing well at large conferences will be given preference.
Team or Individual Proposals Will be Accepted
Sessions will run 50 or 80 minutes, depending on subject matter and scope. Session proposals should include suggested time length. Panel discussions will also be considered and may be organized and submitted as a group by a panel coordinator or by an individual looking to become a part of a panel.
Each individual or team may submit a maximum of three different presentation topics for consideration.
• Presenter name(s)
• Company / Chapter Affiliation
• Brief statement of qualifications/experience
• Presentation Title
• Description – 200 word or less
• References may be requested by the selection committee
Suggested Subject Areas (including, but not limited to):
• Business Development – Sample topics would include marketing, human relations, ownership structure, economic forecasting
• Regulatory Issues – Examples are state policies concerning energy, education, and water, as well as subject areas such as International Codes and Americans with Disabilities Act
• Legal Issues – Suggested topics include state of Kansas fairness laws in both public and private construction and meeting federal materials requirements
• Alternative Delivery Methods – This area includes CM at Risk, Public-Private Partnerships (P3), integrated project delivery, and others. Topic suggestions are explaining the differences, the role of the Architect/Owner/etc. in Design Build Delivery, and Kansas Statutes pertaining to alternative delivery method
• Technical Challenges – Includes a broad range of possibilities from new building technologies, integration of project production using information technology, to building envelope design and lead paint remediation
•Industry Evolution and Inspiration – The changing face of design and construction includes alternative career paths and the increasing role of women in the industry. Progressive approaches to design and materiality are welcomed, as are presentations from students and emerging professionals. Sessions based on “lessons learned” tend to be highly attended – humans learn by failure
Conference organizers will set the day and time for each presentation in order to optimize the sequencing and flow of content and tracks. Concurrent education sessions will occur between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm on February 6, and from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on February 7. Each time slot will have up to four sessions running concurrently.
The host organizations do not pay an honorarium or travel expenses to our speakers. All speakers will receive the following: a complimentary pass to the conference with access to the keynote session, all sessions, panels, and conference-hosted meals. Speakers will be featured in the conference publication and website.